Reduce the risk of someone unknowingly carrying COVID–19 and passing the disease to their teammate or coach.
- Practices will be limited to two swimmers per lane, starting from opposite ends of the pool. Reserve your spot for practice.
- Face masks are required to be worn by all swimmers while not in the water. Coaches will wear face masks at all times while coaching.
- Swimmers will not share equipment or pass equipment from person to person.
- The Plunge has outlined revised cleaning and sanitation practices, personnel practices, and enhanced facility features for our safety. As participants at the Plunge, we will comply with their guidelines.
- The Plunge is requiring all swimmers and coaches to sign a waiver that can be found on their website (lower right corner, blue button).
- If you’re feeling ill, have a fever, coughing, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID–19, please do not attend practice and seek medical care. Swimmers or coaches exhibiting symptoms will not be allowed to participate in practice.
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distance from teammates while you are on deck.
We believe swimming, like walking, hiking, running,
and cycling, is a critical healthy activity within our community. Swimming does not require direct contact between teammates or coaches and social distancing can be maintained throughout practice. As with all exercise and activity at this time, swimming must comply with standards for social distancing and safety within aquatic facilities. The CDC has indicated that “there is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID–19 can be spread to people through the water in pools”.
Maximum Number of Participants
Plunge Masters will be limiting the number of participants at each practice to 10. This will allow for 2 swimmers per lane, starting from opposite ends of the pool, with our allocated 5 lanes.
You can reserve a spot at practice online, ahead of time.
Walk-ins will be accepted, if space permits, after reservations. Be sure and check online ahead of time to see if a space is available before arriving so you aren’t turned away if all the available spaces are full.
Plunge Masters will now be practicing for one hour from 6:30–7:30 AM. The team will continue to offer practices Monday through Thursday.
Preparing to Swim
- Arrive on-time and immediately moving from the deck to the water to reduce interaction time on-deck with your teammates.
- Please plan to be social with your teammates outside of your time at Plunge Masters.
- Wear your suit to practice.
- Follow directions from the coaches for spacing and stay at least six feet apart from others.
- A maximum of two swimmers will be allowed per lane, starting from opposite ends (see diagram).
- Do not make physical contact with others, such as shaking hands or giving a high five.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Avoid sharing towels – You will need to bring your own towel. Fit is not currently offering towel service.
- Maintain appropriate social distancing from other athletes when taking a break.
- Leave the facility as soon as reasonably possible after practice.
- Wash your hands thoroughly or use a hand sanitizer after leaving the pool.
- We suggest not using the locker room or changing area. Shower at home, wear your suit to and from practice.
- No extra-curricular or social activity should take place. No congregation after swimming.
During operation of The Plunge, to increase airflow within the facility, the following operational changes are being made:
- The roof will be open
- The tilt-open windows on the North and East sides of the building will be open
- The front doors will be open
- The ceiling fans will be on and pulling air up and out through the roof
If you contract or have had COVID–19 and been symptomatic, we are asking that you wait at least 3 days (72 hours) since you’ve had a fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and that you’ve had improvement in respiratory symptoms prior to returning to Plunge Masters per the CDC’s guidelines.
If you contract or have had COVID–19 and have been asymptomatic, we ask that you wait at least 10 days since your first positive COVID–19 diagnostic test before returning to Plunge Masters per the CDC’s guidelines.